Sunday, November 20, 2005

The weather is getting wintery here. The trees have lost at least half of their leaves and the wind is cold enough to make my eyes water as I'm walking around downtown. Today is Sunday so of course the town is deserted but there's still a couple cafes open so Rahel and I met for a coffee. It's nice to sit and talk...she was telling me about her family. When her father was in his early twenties he did a trip around the world. All her childhood, he would talk and tell stories about his travels. So now her brother has done the same thing. He saved money for 3 years and took a two year trip around the world. He speaks German, French and English. Her family is Swiss-German. Isn't that great? She herself has lived in Costa Rica and Spain as well as France.
There are millions of little birds in Narbonne now. I think they are here for the season. In the sky they look absolutely incredible. It has to be one of the most magical sights I have ever seen. Once they land in the trees it's a different story though. Any idea how much crap millions of little birds produce??? It's like it's raining bird crap if you walk near the trees. The bad news is every time I walk to town I have to walk under the trees. They're lining the boulevard. The smell is absolutely vile as well. I never knew bird crap had a smell but it does. It smells BAD. It's hard to capture what it looks like when they're in the air but here's a
try:

I took a video clip and it's way cooler but I'm not sure if I can put a movie on blogger. Anyone know?

1 Comments:

At 11/20/2005 11:12 PM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Dad: no....it's the opposite. I'm liking my time here but I've really decided I want to live my life in Canada. As much as there are things that I love, France also drives me crazy. Plus, I could never be so far from you guys for a long time. :) love you dad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home