Wednesday, October 26, 2005

hey all,
Another sleep-in this morning (don't worry Doug--it was only 8am your time)and here I am at the good ol' internet cafe. I went to the beach on Monday and it was totally gorgeous. I'll post some photos soon. Yesterday was a bit of an exercise in frustration as I took the train to Carcassonne (that's where the prefecture is) to try and get my resident's card. Needless to say I waited 3 hours and despite my endless checking and re-checking I was missing documents I've never heard of. deep breath..... At least once I manage to gather said documents I'm allowed to submit them in Narbonne.
I'm feeling a little homesick today but nothing serious. When I woke up this morning I didn't know where I was for a moment. Dreaming of home, I think. Totally confusing hazard of traveling and moving around lots. My apartment is the 2nd floor of a building. There is a nice family above us and my landlady has the apartment below although she actually lives in Toulouse. Everyone is away right now except me which is a little bizarre. Anyway, enough feeling sorry for myself!! Have a great day everyone...I miss you all!

1 Comments:

At 10/27/2005 11:27 AM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Darren: yes, please do! I love your website. I read an article in the Vancouver Sun and saw your blog and some others, and that planted the seed of having my own blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home