Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's raining today but I don't mind because today (oh happy day) is delivery day for my bed, bookshelf, desk and chair and TV!!!!! Otalia split the cost of some of that, don't worry. Finally my own bed. It's really fall here now. It's cold and windy and everything.
I went to Montpellier this weekend. I think it's most likely a very fun city but it sure made me glad I'm living in Narbonne. It's quite touristy and many of the assistants there just stick together and speak English all the time. Also the living conditions in the dorms where many are living don't even bear mentioning. v. dirty, v. cramped.
I have my training soon and I guess I'll hear a little more about my job. Oh! One more thing: I got a second job teaching adults English classes at the community centre. There are 2 classes, each once a week. I had the first one last night and was told to expect about 6 students. There were 24!!!!! yikes. We ran out of chairs in the room. But the class size will definitely go down because they are allowed to go to the first 2 classes for free to try it out. So there are probably some there who are just getting 2 free classes. I hope! If not I think I'll ask the centre to make another section since that's just too big. It will be fun though I think. I'll keep you posted on my bed!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2005 12:10 PM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Dad: wait til you see the markets here in France; like the Red Barn but way bigger!

Mom: I'm not clear when I'm starting work either! At least tomorrow I have a training day so I guess I'll learn more. Otalia and I are talking a lot about getting an internet connection but it's a little one thing at a time, and furniture seemed more important, I guess. That said, very soon I'll get internet at home I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home