Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Did I mention that Narbonne is intensely picturesque??? It is such a pretty little town, all ancient cathedrals and cobblestone streets. I have more good news: They have found my suitcase and are delivering it today. Yay! Also, I have found a place to live. Yay again! It's with a girl from the Ivory Coast who also just arrived in Narbonne to study law. The apartment is really spacious, bigger than the place where Melis and I lived. We will have a guest room! It's not expensive either, althought the downside is that it's barely furnished. So, by going this route (sharing with a roommate) I don't have to pay a crazy 2 month deposit and rental agency fees but I'm going to have to spend a bit to furnish my room, etc. My roommate's name is Otalia, she's 20, very friendly and enthusiastic and a native french speaker. Obviously it's a tad on the young side of what I wanted but I'm sure it will be fine. I'm meeting today with my supervisor so I'll finally find out more what my job will be like, which is good..... Only bad news: I've done something crazy to my lower back. It kills. I made an appointment to see a chiropractor this afternoon. I can barely stand, walk, or sit, which doesn't leave me with a lot of options. miss you all like crazy, love jess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home