Monday, September 26, 2005

Yay! I'm in Narbonne. The keyboard is so weird though...totally different placement of letters. Guess what??? More fun for me: on my flight from London to Toulouse Easyjet lost my big suitcase, the one with all my clothes. It's like everything that could go wrong is going wrong. Did I mention just before boarding my flight from Vancouver, Royal Bank decided to cancel my debit card??? So I couldn't withdraw all the money I was planning to bring, exchanged in euros. I've done some creative financing and I'm ok short term but it is a huge pain that isn't resolved yet. I also had to pay some major penalties for my over-weight baggage which I know is my own fault but didn't make me feel too delighted. Then after paying for the extra weight they lost my suitcase! So, there I was last night about 9pm, at the lost luggage desk in the Toulouse airport. I was so tired, exhausted, and I still had no place to stay as the phone card I bought in Gatwick airport to try and book a room didn't work. I explained my situation to the guy working there and he decided he would help me although I never asked him. He closed up his office, grabbed his keys and we set off for his car. He drove me to a hotel nearby where I could stay. There was a room free so finally I could shower and rest. Such a nice guy!
I feel so much better today...managed to get to Narbonne without any difficulties and found a really cheap place to stay, like a youth hostel, very clean. There's still tons of difficulties to overcome, like no clean clothes or apartment, but I'm optimistic. It will all work out in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home