Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Check out that beautiful couch!!!! It folds out into a bed, visitors....



My lovely roomate, Otalia, having a tea while we were talking in my room.



So I just finished teaching my beginners adult class at the community centre. It went well though it's hard sometimes because there's such a difference in level in the class. I have a few true beginners and others who've been studying english for years but don't feel ready for the advanced course.
Tomorrow is my busiest day of work in the elementary schools. I'm in 3 different schools Thursdays, teaching from the equivalent of grade 4 to grade 7.
In the classroom students actually call the teacher, 'Master' or for me, 'Mistress'. It seems like one more thing that doesn't exist anymore in Canada. I think the French education system is quite good but some elements of it seem outdated compared to how we do things now in Canada. Not to say the Canadian system is flawless, far from!
This weekend is the start of a week of school vacation!! I have the time off which is quite nice although it seems strange since I just started working. I think I may be going to Barcelona for the weekend with a friend, Caroline. I feel like such a jet setter but not really since it's so close. The train trip usually takes 3 hours I believe. Anyways nothing decided yet but I'll keep you posted...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home