Saturday, October 22, 2005

Last night Allison (an assistant from Iowa City in the states) and I went out for a very fancy French dinner. I ate ravioli and I know what you're thinking: that's not very special. Even myself, it's not a dish I ever really enjoyed; I chose it mainly because it was a vegetarian dish on the menu. However, it was breathtakingly delicious. Even Allison agreed it was the absolute top for ravioli. We also drank a bottle of wine and had some dessert and felt quite nice but the time we met up with the others at a bar. We stayed there for a while and admired some v. talented salsa dancers then went to a nightclub (which I suspect is the only nightclub in Narbonne). There was a troupe of African drummers playing there and it was so fun!! And yes, by the end of the night Allison, Wilson (a spanish assistant from Ecuador) and I were up on the table dancing like crazy. The place was totally packed and we had tons of fun. Friday night in Narbonne....
In other news: my (French)bank issues appear to be finally resolved. I have received my bank card. They finally cancelled the first card that got mailed to some mysterious and unknown place and made a new one. The Canadian bank issues continue but I'm not too concerned about that. I'm on vacation now. yay! It' even longer than I thought, about a week and a half. I decided not to go to Barcelona this weekend afterall. Lots of time for that and I didn't feel like traveling. I'm still recuperating from all my luggage woes coming here I think. I do hope to do a bunch of daytrips though. There's lots of neat stuff to see in the surrounding region, I've heard. Bon weekend tout le monde!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home