Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sunday night there was a terrible storm in Narbonne and most of the Mediterranean area of France. There was thunder and lightning and the rain sounded like nails shooting against the window. We don't get much thunder and lightning in the Victoria/Vancouver area so I'm really not used to it. Logically I do realize that the chance of any harm coming to me from a storm is exceedingly slim. But the thunder was booming outside my window like a bomb and each time the lightning flashed I jumped in my bed. I didn't sleep hardly at all that night. Monday morning it was still raining and I had a training day in Carcassonne so Allison, Alina and I took the train in that morning. Around 3:30 the other two girls got a train back to Narbonne. It was still raining a lot. I stayed behind because the train station is better in Carcassone and I wanted to get the train tickets for the Christmas holidays when Aston, my boyfriend, is coming to visit me. We're going to travel around France a bit while he's here. Anyway, I got all our tickets (they're by reservation and it books up during the holidays) and planned on taking the 4:30 train to Narbonne. Except, it never left. By that point the train tracks between Narbonne and Carcassone were totally flooded. I was stuck in Carcassonne. Luckily I knew some language assistants working there and a super nice English girl named Emma put me up for the night. Thanks Emma!!!! :) I was able to go home by noon the next day. Stephanie, an assistant in a nearby village told me she tried to come to Narbonne today and the roads are still flooded. Crazy weather. Let's all those vines are ok under the lakes of water covering them!! In other jessica news my broken toe is doing much better. One more week I'd say. I miss you all and hope every one is well. Please think of my Grandma as she's going in for surgery soon. Get well soon Grandma!!! Love you, jessica.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home