Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's Wednesday night, which means the midweek weekend is now over. (I stop work at 11:30am on Tuesdays and don't work til Thursdays since in France, elementary school children don't go to school on Wednesdays.) Back to the grind tomorrow....not really of course as my job is only 12 hours of class time a week. But anyway.... it's the end of an era in Narbonne soon. This Friday we're having a big party because all those lucky enough to have a 7 month contract are leaving in 1 to 2 weeks, which means everyone. Just Stephanie, Allison and I will be left for English assistants living in Narbonne. Allison said she was happy Steph would still be here as she didn't think she could fulfill my social needs alone. That girl would quite happily live life as a hermit watching Tarzan movies all day.
I went swimming in Narbonne's olympic outdoor pool today. It was so beautiful; I think I'm getting a tan. Of course, now it's old hat to see topless ladies swimming in the outdoor pool. There was another one today. The first time quite shocked me though. This lady calmly got in, removed her top and left it on the pool deck to begin her lane swimming. Those carefree French, I tell ya.

4 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I cant imagine you being shy around topless women at a pool... i thought that maybe you would follow suit (pun intended).

when in Rome....

 
At 4/13/2006 7:44 AM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Stace: I don't know why, but (to me) it seems wrong at a public pool and acceptable at the beach. Once it's warm enough to swim in the sea we'll see... ;)

 
At 4/14/2006 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Jess. thats sso cool that both of your folks get the chance to see you in France..
my folks arent quite the world travellers... maybe they will come in see me in Ontario. did i tell you i am moving in sept?
I will be in Victoria/Vancouver in august so hopefully we can catch up then..
enjoy the topless swimming. I can imagine topless swimming in any form, but what surprised me during my time in europe was women playing frisbee.. chasing after that thing at full speed while topless. it looked really uncomfortable, even for the smaller figured women.

what are you getting your mum to bring from home? what is it that you miss ( that can be carried. I doubt her suitcase is big enough for your sweetie)..

 
At 4/15/2006 8:59 PM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Stace: well I'll be home June 18th so I'll get to see him soon. My mom's bringing me some tea and crunchy peanut butter...:) French tea is absolute crap and they don't eat peanut butter over here really. We'll definitely catch up in august once you're out west.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home