Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Protests v/s Riots

So lately some people have been asking me how's the rioting in France...I don't really like to talk about current events stuff because I'm not a journalist and I think there are other better informed sources. However, I've read in Canadian and American news sources that there are no riots in France right now; this just isn't true. What is happening is a lot of protests and strikes. I think it's a big difference between the two. Riots are motivated by rage and chaos. Protests are organized and part of the democratic process. No one is burning down the neighbourhood community centre; they are, however, blocking roundabouts to hand out information pamphlets on the CPE. I just wanted to clear that up....no, I'm not in any danger.

1 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 11:46 PM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Hey dad: actually I would be interested in seeing those articles, and Otalia too, I imagine, although her English might not be up to it....Maybe Mom can bring them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home