Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Marking...is there anything more dreaded by teachers?


It's so sunny today and Steph and I are stuck indoors trying to finish our marking. I made a classic beginner's mistake of testing before the holidays. Plus, I did testing in all my classes which means 230+ tests to mark. Never again! Then I was gone the entire vacation so although all the students figured I ought to have it all finished, I haven't had hardly any time at all. yuck. anyways, here is a view of Berlin.
And here Aston is taking my picture in a fancy restaurant our last night in Berlin. It was so cold...please note my assorted shirts (trying to keep warm).

Update: I know my good friend Stace feels my pain....her msn message: "grading is for suckers! everyone gets a B"

3 Comments:

At 3/15/2006 8:37 PM, Blogger J Fraser said...

hi mom:
I guess the difference with grading would be the teacher would just have one class, not eight. So, it would take a long time....but so does marking for eight classes.
I heard from dad; I think he's fine, jetlagged but fine.
Hang in there... it's crazy but March is already half way though.

 
At 3/16/2006 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you considered trying the stair method?? yep you throw them down and those that make it to the bottom stair get A's and the poor suckers still at the top of the stairs get c's. for fun you can reverse it for the next pile.

I always start by grading very diligently, but by the end everything looks like a B.
now I am back to writing my thesis. i almost wish I was still grading papers!!

ahh well. just be happy your somewhere cool, like france or Korea (like last time) while grading.

when are you going home?? i want to try and sneak in a trip home this summer.

 
At 3/16/2006 9:19 PM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Stace: I'm not totally sure since I have to change my ticket but I might be home mid June and I'll definitely be home beginning of July. I know...I can't complain...it is beautiful here. But in a way when you're ready to go home, it doesn't matter where you are.

Dad: yes, please email them to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home