Sunday, May 28, 2006

Camping in the Ardeche

Hey, sorry for the little absence. I was camping in the Ardeche region of France all weekend. The weather has officially exploded over here. It feels like August. It was 31 to 34 degrees all weekend. We got so much sun. Steph got to reunite with her people, ie, the uber-fit and outdoorsy, as we visited a children's summer camp where she used to work and still has friends, so that was good. This was a special birthday celebration weekend as Steph's turned 29. They had to calm down the original planned wilderness trek for Allison and I but we still hiked for hours along the river gorge of the Ardeche river and camped Saturday night. We sweated buckets and stopped several times to swim in the river which was gorgeous. I'll post some pictures soon. I think Steph had a good birthday (best weather she's ever had for it apparently) and it was really cool seeing a new region of France. In the other fabulous news category, Aston has found us the most wonderful apartment ever to live in once I'm back.. 3 weeks til I'll be home in Victoria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home