Friday, May 12, 2006

It's my birthday and I just want to stay in bed...

Well. I'm 27 years old today. I honestly am not that bothered by the number of years going up...I think I'm 'aging' ok. But it's hard being so far away from my loved ones. Way more than I expected. I definitely had days like this when I lived in Korea and of course the first time I was in France at 18. I'm homesick...I miss you all. I was so surprised this morning...not that it's surprising to miss family and friends but I was weepy, and I didn't pull it together for work. Hard to teach kids when you're on the point of crying so I talked with the principal and he sent me home. He's a sweet person for all his roaring in the classroom. Aston's sent me beautiful flowers...that helps. Stephanie and Otalia left me little notes (I'll see them tonight) and Louise has sent me a e-card. I always thought when I sent e-cards that they were lame and the person would not care for it. But it's not true; I was happy she thought of me. I'm meeting Allison, Will and Alina for lunch. That will be nice. They're great people. But...I miss the old ones. So drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you.

3 Comments:

At 5/12/2006 1:10 PM, Blogger Loree-Beth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESS! sorry to hear you're homesick. i am too. i've been counting down the weeks 'till i go back to korea for a visit. only 5 to go. this traveling alone thing isn't all it's cracked up to be. i have had lots of good times but friends to hang with are a good thing and 3 1/2 months without them seems like forever! hope your day ends better than it started. take care, loree-beth

 
At 5/13/2006 8:31 AM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Loree: thanks, you're so sweet! I'm down to 5 weeks too. It's not a bad thing...

Dad: yay! thanks dad. can't wait to be back too.

 
At 5/17/2006 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home