Monday, December 05, 2005

So much fun in Montpellier

This weekend I had tons of marking to do, as well as my ongoing translation project. It was easily enough work to last the whole weekend. So, what did I do? Said screw it and went to Montpellier. I went with Rahel and Wilson and some other Spanish assistant friends of his. Saturday Rahel and I shopped like demons. Narbonne is a very cute little town but not much in the way of shopping. I finally found some lovely boots, and a couple skirts, a sweater and some lingerie. French lingerie really is way better than Canadian, there's just no getting around it. We all went to a great restaurant called La Tomate; I attempted to eat the largest salad I've ever seen (not much success although it was really good) and then Rahel and I went to Mitzi's, a friend who let us stay the night. I'm afraid I coped out at that point and went to bed since I'm still quite sick and was also really tired but the others went out to the bar.
Sunday there was only one thing on our minds: go see Harry Potter, v.o. That means, version originale, in English with French subtitles. I liked it....it was funny and scary and sad too but I wished I had watched or read the preceding films/novels beforehand. Of course I have read all the books and seen the films but it's been a while. I felt like it would have been more engaging that way. Also, I think it must have been the theatre but the picture seemed too dark the whole time and the sound quality was pretty low. So in other words, I want to see it again, when I'm more prepared, with better quality... Probably won't get the chance in the theatre.
I'm happy because in less than 2 weeks now Aston will be here for Christmas. yay!

1 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 12:07 PM, Blogger J Fraser said...

Aston: you know....

Doug: you're right...not too interested in the football, but I guess Dylan's team is the seahawks? I'm so glad Grandma is healing. It's the best news...hopefully she'll be able to eat some Christmas dinner. Thank you for Matt's news. No one else tells me and I do like to know. I'm glad he's doing well and please say hi for me! I'm sad I won't be with you all for Christmas. :( We have to get the webcams working with sound so we can talk on Christmas day. I don't know why mine doesn't work but Aston's going to fix it.
Love you! Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home